Exclusive Interview with our ReverbNation Winner, NYC's OZONNA
1. Who are you as an artist? What is your story?
My name is Ozonna, I make alternative pop music, I describe my music and a fusion of different sounds but ultimately pop. I believe i was born a creative person and i’ve always felt the need to create and express myself through music.
2. Who are some of your favorite artists and musical influences?
Some of my favourite artists include Marina diamandis, and Sevdaliza. I wouldn’t list them as influences though as i don’t really look outside of myself when i am creating.
3. What makes your music worth it? To the world? To your fans?
Cuz it’s good music and i create from an honest place which resonates with people. I believe if that as an artist if i enjoy what i create, there will always be people who enjoy it too.
4. What is the future of music and the industry?
More great music.
5. What surprises you the most about the music industry?
I don’t know if it surprises me but i love how fluid it is and how theres no one set path. Its just down to the artist. Theres a lot of excitement and energy and it’s always changing and evolving. This can be good or bad, it’s all just down to perspective.
6. What’s your Poison?
Me & Mary Jane
7. How is your ART “your Religion”?
It’s my form of expression and a big part of who i am and it can be a very spiritual process.
8. What are you truly creating with your music that changes the world, changes society?
Most of my songs have very uplifting messages, like my song, smile, believe it to see it, We Glow, So Good, corrupt mind the list goes on. I mean i don’t create with world change in mind but my songs are life affirming and positive so it has a positive effect on people, I think it happens naturally because of who i am and the things i ponder. I write about my life and the things happening around me and the people who resonate with them will find them, I just like to freely express myself creatively.
9. What is the (spiritual, political, social, etc pick one) message of your music?
I have different songs that convey and touch on different thing like my song song called Believe it to see it which is about the law of attraction and manifestation. I also have a song called Corrupt mind which is social commentary about our society. It was inspired by living in New York City and always feeling bombarded with propaganda. Smile which is life affirming and about not taking things too seriously and we glow about my friends i grew up with and about our potential and how much light we all have in us.
10. Have you been “lucky” or “gifted” in the music industry so far? Tell us more...
Yes i have been very blessed with a lot of big opportunities in my journey, I mean music are always getting placements and we just crossed over 3 million streams so far, I’m very lucky and blessed.
11. What do you really think it takes to make it in the music industry? Tell us 3 keys.
Love, Passion and dedication
12. What is your main inspirational philosophy in life? Favorite quote?
What you seek is seeking you - RumiIt reminds me that is is important to stay positive and open because the universe is also working to give you exactly what you are wanting, you just got to stay positive and trust.
13. What do you regret the most in your music and would have done differently?
Nothing. No regrets
14. Where do you see your career going in five years? 10years? Next year?
I can show you better than i can tell you.
15. Legacy: At the end of the day, how do you want your fans to remember you and your music?
I want people to feel liberated when they listen to my music.
'Believe it To See it' EP is out now: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/believe-it-to-see-it-ep/id1048226494